Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rivendell 2009 Journal

Hey Everybody, this is just my Journal that I'm keeping while we're here in Rivendell. This is EXACTLY what I put in my journal, word for word. Hope this keeps you interested!



Day 1: We went on two walks today. The first one we went on we saw nine deer! (i spotted them all :) ) The second one we only saw two deer, but this time we had a camera and we got tons of pictures of the leader of the herd!!! Then we followed it around for a bit and eventually came back to our cabin.The first time, we were only about five feet away from a baby and it's mother when the baby's dad stomped his foot to threaten us. We quickly walked back to the cabin. I had two quiet times, and in both of them God gave me pictures, which I'm going to share with my family tonight. I already showed them to my Dad though, just to see what he would think. Alright bye!


Day 2: We went on another walk today. We saw no deer, but it was a LONG walk. We also built an alter out of rocks to praise God. After that we explored and found another path that we're probably going to explore some other day. We also prayed, and I found the perfect spot for my quiet time. Later on I went to that spot, and God told me some pretty cool stuff. After that we played games, and we went to a beach that had tons of rocks, and I explored the whole beach while I was climbing the rocks and looking for Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones) because he lives here on Bowen Island. We also might have seen his house.
 Anyways I have to go, so bye!


Day 3: We stayed inside for a while, cause it was raining really hard. We played lots of games, and then we went to a bookstore where Erin bought me bouncing putty, and really junky 50 cent toy, and a really fun rocket. Then we went to the movie store and got a DVD called "Flawless". We also went to a Cafe and I got a hot chocolate and a huge double chocolate cookie. After that, we went a chocolate shop called "The Chocolatier", where I got a REALLY nice chocolate that was shaped like a domino, and I bought an organic chocolate bar for my health-nut friend. We then spent a TON of time playing with my rocket, until my little bro (Moses) broke it. We watched a couple of Moses and Ayana's little kid's shows, and then they went to bed. Me and my dad built a fire (while we were building it I drank 3 mugs of hot chocolate), and then we watched Flawless. After the movie I went to bed, and my Dad did my devotional with me. After my Dad left, I played on my iPod for around ten minutes and then I fell asleep. That's all for today. Bye!

Thanks for reading my first post (WOO HOO!) and I'll make sure to post some more (I still have one more entry to do), so keep on visiting! Thanks, Joshua


No comments: